Monday, January 2, 2012

At first blush

  I went to my local wine shop and explained my wine experience or lack thereof and was taken to the sweet reds section. There I picked up an inexpensive bottle ($11.99) of table red, Rivata Casa Rossa


and I grabbed a french wine that a friend recommended, Beaujolais Nouveau 2011 ($9.99).


I actually liked Rivata Casa Rossa. It was pretty sweet, a little too sweet for me.  But if you are looking for an inexpensive table red for a mixed group I think it will do.  My friends liked it too.  I was with a group of people that don't normally drink wine, so I can understand why something sweeter went over so well.  I was not a fan of the Beaujolais Nouveau. It was a little flat...I'm not sure if that is the proper adjective to describe it.  All of the descriptions I read said it was a sweet wine.  I didn't find it to be sweet at all.  Maybe I had something a little too sweet prior to drinking this.  I may have to give it a second try.

  After telling my friend about my not so fond feelings about the Beaujolais, she suggested I try some German reds. I went back to my local wine shop and purchased Dr. Heidemanns-Bergweiler Red 2010, I'll let you know about this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment